Tuesday, October 25, 2011

LOTR not-30 Day Challenge Post 6

Here we go, my last post for The Lord of the Rings 30 Day Challenge. I enjoyed this so so much and would love to hear from your LOTR nerd-lings out there about your answers!

Off we go!
Day 26: CHARACTER YOU WISH HAD BEEN FEATURED IN THE MOVIES

Tom Bombadil
Haven't actually read the books before, I learned from my older brother the importance of Mr. Bombadil in the Fellowship of the Ring. Apparently he was the only creature in the whole of Middle Earth who couldn't be affected by the power of the ring. He was supposed to have met Frodo and Sam as they journeyed to the Prancing Pony at Bree in the movie. Interesting. I hope Peter Jackson includes this scene (if ever he shot it and he better have) in the ultimate edition of the Lord of the Rings where absolutely every scene, extended and deleted is included.


Day 27: RE-EDIT THE MOVIES: WHAT SCENE WOULD NOT MAKE THE CUT

Absolutely Nothing. To me, every scene in LOTR was exceptional and I just love, love, loved each scene! Even the deleted scenes in the extended edition is a part of my heart. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Day 28: A SCENE THAT ALWAYS MAKES YOU CRY

Sam carries Frodo
The movie was far too epic for me to shed some tears but there were a lot of scenes that really saddened me.
Fellowship of the Ring:
  • Gandalf's falling to shadow
  • Boromir's tragic death.
The Two Towers: Hmm, I can't really remember anything that made me that sad. Aragorn's supposed death wasn't really that sad because I knew he'll live.
Edit: I found a sad one! Haldir's death! Ugh, stupid Uruk-Hai! Haldir was the bomb!
Return of the King:
  • Faramir's facial expression when his father told him to take back Osgiliath even if it means he'll die.
  • When Denethor said that he wished Faramir died and Boromir had lived (so shattering) instead.
  • Theoden's death
  • Eowyn's supposed death especially when her anguished brother, Eomer cried.
  • When Sam said his infamous line to Frodo, "...I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!"


Day 29: WHATEVER TICKLES YOUR FANCY


I very much disliked Denethor so I can't help but scream, "You go G!" Gandalf did me proud... :')


Okay, I'm a sucker for romance stuff and I have to say that this scene was incredibly sweet! Dear old Pete didn't include this in the final cut (yet again!) but did show the coronation of Aragorn where we see the two sweethearts together and I knew that they were together! This scene just proved it after I watched the Return of the King extended edition recently. They didn't give their relationship enough depth as it should have been given and besides, they're so cute together! My favourite male character and my favourite female character. Yay love!

Oh my gosh
Alright, I had my fun, onward then, to the very last question of the challenge.

Day 30: FAVOURITE LINE OR SCENE FROM THE TRILOGY


"I am no man!"

As a girl and proud of it, I absolutely, magnificently adored the fact that my favourite female character in the movie, namely the beautiful Eowyn, destroyed the Witch King with those powerful words. Definitely my favourite line in the trilogy. You go girl!

And that is it fellow LOTR nerd-lings, LOTR fans, non-fans (and you're missing out), anonymous and those who have no idea what these last 7 posts meant, but though I bid thee farewell, there are still more interesting things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Dream Room. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.