Saturday, October 22, 2011

LOTR not-30 Day Challenge Post 1

 Day 1: FAVOURITE HOBBIT
Sam
Samwise Gamgee, more known as Sam to his good mates. Must I explain why? After re-watching the trilogy, especially The Return of the King, I just admired Sam's strength, determination and his unending encouragement to the all-ready-to-give-up Frodo. He also fought a huge spider, namely Ms. Shelob, who I know would've killed me in an instant.


Day 2: FAVOURITE LOCATION

The Shire
Definitely the Shire. It was just so beautiful and too wondrous to behold. Though this picture isn't the accurate potrayal of it when it was first introduced at the Fellowship of the Ring, I still favour the Shire's country look with it's green, luscious hills instead of the too holy and sacred of Rivendell, the stony and hard Minas Tirith or the callous and weed-infested Rohan.


 Day 3: LEAST FAVOURITE LOCATION

The Fellowship inside Moria
Firstly, I apologise for not having an accurate picture of the inside of the mines. I couldn't find one :(
Not that I'm a claustrophobic or anything, because I'm not... or at least I think I'm not... but Moria definitely didn't appeal to me. It was dark, dank, too underground and suffocating and with yucky goblins and dead, skeletal dwarves and goblins alike. Throw in a good ol' Balrog, fell beast, in there and you're not in for a treat.


 Day 4: BEST MEAL

Humour wise, definitely when Eowyn gave Aragorn her 'stew'. It was just so hilarious to see Aragorn's facial expression in his attempt to be a gentleman and not to offend a fair lady. Funniest meal in the trilogy!

 Day 5: FAVOURITE WEAPON

Sting
Bestowed and given to Frodo by Bilbo, "Sting" as it was called, was forged by the Elves and glowed whenever there are orcs around. When I first saw it shining in the Battle of Amon-Hen, I absolutely loved it. When Sam used it to fight Shelob in her lair at Cirith Ungol, it worked wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Dream Room. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.