Sunday, October 23, 2011

LOTR not-30 Day Challenge Post 3

Day 11: FAVOURITE HORSE

Shadowfax

Shadowfax, first introduced in the Two Towers was definitely my favourite and for a reason that is not of personality but of vanity. Shadowfax was just so pretty! When it was called, it came, galloping in slow-motion, its white mane blowing in the wind. The stallion was an amazing creature to behold and it was Gandalf's dearest friend.

Day 12: FAVOURITE SCENE IN ELVISH

"Nîn o Chithaeglir lasto beth daer; rimmo nín Bruinen dan in Ulaer"
When Arwen was being chased down by the Nazgul, she crosses the river and utters these beautiful Elvish words that called for the river to come crashing down, taking with them those horrific black riders. I kept repeating the words because it was just so amazing the way she spoke it.

Day 13: LEAST FAVOURITE SOUND/SOUND EFFECT


There was this particular goblin/orc thing that made this disgusting animal sound, like those mini dinosaurs from Jurassic Park that comes by the pack and eats you alive (poor little Camilla Belle). The sound just gave me the creeps! More than the shriek of the Nazgul. I'm tossing a dice whether it was a goblin from the mines, an orc at the siege of Osgiliath or an orc-ish goblin at the siege of Gondor.


Day 14: A SCENE THAT ALWAYS MAKES YOU LAUGH

"Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to get you a box?"
During the battle at Helm's Deep when Gimli, as short as a dwarf can be, tries to jump to see past the walls and asks Legolas to tell him what's going on, Legolas replied with his witty remark about describing or getting him a box then Gimli makes this laugh that just always cracks me up! Dwarves and elves...always humorous.


Day 15: THE SPIFFIEST DRESSER

Casual-ish wise: Eowyn
Absolutely adored her dresses in the movie! I loved how it perfectly fit her and she carried them so well. She's great because she's not as formal as Arwen (though I adored her dresses too) and she can pull off something simple like that gorgeous white dress she wore when she was in Rohan overlooking Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli's entrance. Simple, yet elegante. Magnifique!

ps. I'm sorry for my absolutely weird little comments after each one. I'm losing my mind and my creativity. I really am at a loss for words.

2 comments:

  1. Luv that dress!
    -The Book Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey book blogger! I absolutely love her dresses too! And after I'm done with this challenge, I'll actually be posting them up.

    lots of love
    cass

    ReplyDelete

Back to Home Back to Top The Dream Room. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.